Ceridian Building

Formerly:Assiniboine Towers, Western Canada Lottery Foundation
Address:125 Garry Street
Original Use:Office Building
Other Work:1976, 1977, 1978, 1985, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1998, interior alterations
Architects:Moody Moore & Partners Ltd.
Firms:Moody Moore & Partners Ltd.
Engineers:Tower Engineering Group
Contractors:Bird Construction Co. Ltd. (Office tower)
V. K. Mason Construction Ltd. (Parking garage)

More Information

Designed by prominent local architectural firm Moody Moore and Partners, 125 Garry Street was constructed between 1974 and 1975. Included in the Ceridian Building office complex is a five storey parking garage constructed between 1976 and 1977, also designed by Moody Moore and Partners. John A. Flanders Limited, a local firm founded in 1909, developed the building with Assiniboine Credit Union predetermined as the anchor tenant. The development company had also been involved with several other major construction projects in the downtown area, including the Medical Arts Building and the Mercantile Bank Building. The building was originally referred to as the Assiniboine Towers, later the Western Canada Lottery Foundation Building and currently as the Ceridian Building. The twelve storey structure employs structural concrete, precast concrete and a glass skin system to create a striking horizontally banded façade on the uniquely angular geometric office tower.

Improvements to the building were done in 2008 by Tower Engineering Group. They implemented technologies that decreased the buildings gas consumption by 50% and electrical by 15%. For this work Tower Engineering Group received an Award of Merit in Building Engineering in 2008.

Recognition and Awards

  • 2008 Award of Merit in Building Engineering, Tower Engineering Group

Design Characteristics

  • Office tower plan area: 12,032 sq. ft. (1,117.77 sq. m)
  • Gross floor area: 137,857 sq. ft. (12,806.92)
  • Parking garage plan area: 13,705 sq. ft. (1,273.19 sq. m)
  • Gross floor area: 71,563 sq. ft. (6,648.2 sq. m)
  • No. of parking stalls: 182


  • "New Head Office for Credit Union," Winnipeg Development News (February 1975), p. 2 published in Winnipeg Industrial Topics, 35, 1 (February 1975).
  • Tower Engineering Group