The interior of this modernist, brick-clad church contains extensive mosaics depicting Saints Philip, Simon, James the Lesser, John, Matthew and St. Paul by artist Roman Kowal. The mosaics are artfully lit by the slender windows which illuminate the chapel.
|Suburb:||Kern Park, Transcona|
- Church Hall (1950) constructed with volunteer labour
- Cost of construction, approx. $500,000
- Mitre represents the shield of the Archangel Michael
- Oblong interior, 158 ft. in length
- 'Cross in Square' plan
- Basil Rotoff. Monuments to Faith: Ukrainian Churches in Manitoba. Winnipeg: University of Manitoba, 1990.
- A.M. Kowcz-Baran. Ukrainian Catholic Churches of Winnipeg. Saskatoon: Archeparchy of Winnipeg, 1991.
- Ukrainian Churches of Manitoba: A Building Inventory. Winnipeg: Manitoba Culture, Heritage and Recreation, Historic Resources, 1987.
- Lillian Gibbons. "Shield Rises Over St. Michael's." Winnipeg Tribune, June 29, 1967.