|Address:||620 Casey Street|
|Other Work:||Addition to existing structure (1949, 1951, 1958, 1988)|
|Architects:||Winnipeg School Division, In-house|
There is inadequate information to piece this story together but the essence of it is that Riverview elementary school has been around since 1908, and bits have been added onto and removed from it in nearly every decade since.
- It seems that which is extant now comes from additions to the school in 1949, 1951 and 1958, when all of the original school was finally gone, however the design appears older as if additions were matched to something that does not exist anymore
- It is a three-storey building made of the red brick favoured by the division for decades; collegiate style with some stone trim predominates but the front and back elevations show evolutionary variation in the brick
- What we do know is that in 1929, seven rooms were added to the 1908 structure; in 1949, four rooms were added, presumably maintaining the old style; in 1951, part of the old school was demolished and six rooms were added and by the time 18 new classrooms were added in 1958, all of the 1908 school was gone
- In 1988 there were many alterations and a new gym and classrooms were added