John Black Memorial United Church
|Address:||898 Henderson Highway|
|Use:||Place of worship|
|Original Use:||Place of worship|
|Other Work:||1927 Church constructed|
|Architects:||Smith Carter Katelnikoff|
|Firms:||Smith Carter Katelnikoff|
|Contractors:||North American Builders Ltd.|
- New church addition adjoins first church on site (built in 1927), which was later converted to a Christian Education Centre
- Entrance to all buildings centered on a shared, covered courtyard
- Wood frame construction
- Cost of construction: $150,000
- Sanctuary seats 550
- Chapel seating for 60
- Neil Bingham. A Study of the Church Buildings in Manitoba of the Congregational, Methodist, Presbyterian and United Churches of Canada. (Manitoba Culture, Heritage and Recreation, Historic Resources, 1987) 248.
- John Black Memorial Church: 50th Anniversary. Winnipeg, 1964.
- University of Manitoba: Winnipeg Building Index: http://wbi.lib.umanitoba.ca/WinnipegBuildings/showBuilding.jsp?id=557
- Winnipeg: John Black Memorial File, UCA. "History of the John Black Memorial Church, 1914-1939." 7.