955 Mulvey Street, the Harrow Street United Church sanctuary, was completed in 1949 and designed by George Stewart, son of Rev. J. F. Stewart, and constructed by contractor Mr. J. R. Bugby. The stucco building stands proud of the post-war homes in the surrounding neighborhood, at 3 stories, yet quotes the sloping roof lines. In 1953 the church was expanded to include a Christian Education wing. The primary entrance is situated between these two structures, beneath a large square steeple.
- 1948, building committee organized
- 1948, property purchased
- November 7 1948, sod turning ceremony
- 1949, new structure dedicated
- 1953, Christian Education building added
- December 6 1953, Centre dedicated
- Cost of Sanctuary: $41,300
- Cost of Christian Education Building: $46,634
- "Church Recalls its History". Winnipeg Tribune, November 13, 1976.
- Harrow United Church, 60th Anniversary Publication.
- Neil Bingham, A Study of the Church Buildings in Manitoba of the Congregational, Methodist, Presbyterian and United Churches of Canada. (Manitoba Culture, Heritage and Recreation, Historic Resources, 1987).