Architect Roy Lev's scheme for the original design of this building featured a modernist design of modular box-like forms staggered across a triangular site. Clad in brick, the building featured an exposed concrete structural grid and extensive glazing. The project was named for the Irish-English Seventh Viscount Gorth, Robert Standish Gage Prendergast Vereker Gort. Gort first visited Winnipeg in 1911 and in 1917 purchased six acres of St. James-Assiniboia, land on which the motor hotel was later developed.
- Modular box-like forms
- Exposed concrete structural grid and extensive glazing