125 Colony Street
|Address:||125 Colony Street|
|Use:||Automobile repair shop|
|Architects:||Moody & Moore|
|Firms:||Moody & Moore|
Designed by local architects Moody and Moore, the vehicle repair station at 125 Colony Street was constructed in 1959. The petite one-storey structure is an excellently preserved modernist design vehicle repair station. Of note is the use of the overhanging roof and the glass front retail portion, integrated with the predominantly brick façade of the building, resulting in a very refined building, which fits well with the adjacent Great West Life complex. The construction of this vehicle station coincides with the increasingly car-centered corporate culture developing in the downtown area. The purpose built structure is still used for car maintenance services.
- Plan area: 2,283 sq. ft. (212.09 sq. m)
- Masonry and steel frame construction, one storey with no basement, large roof overhang, four garage style doors along east facade