|Address:||1250 Beaumont Street|
|Other Work:||Additions in 1959, 1964, 1966, 1974|
|Architects:||Prain and Ward (1956), Ward Macdonald (1959, 1964, 1966, 1974)|
General Byng is a kindergarten to Grade 9 school, named for the Commander of the Canadian Corps during the First World War and later Governor General of Canada.
|Suburb:||Beaumont, Fort Garry|
- Although an addition was written right into the plans, initial construction of the building consisted of only four rooms for the Fort Garry School Division; it was not long (1959) before the addition was made of eight new classrooms to more than double the size; these sections form the north part of the front
- The southern half of the front, a two-storey academic wing in red brick, was built in 1964; it connects with the fifties portion by a tall modern entranceway
- Aside from a gesture of matching the brick colour, no effort was made to tie the disparate sections together, apart from adding to the back side of the far north section, seemingly to anchor the old part down; the 1950s portion is one storey, pale stucco with its windows mostly filled; the 1964 sections is two storeys, red brick with dark brown trim, a good window ratio and the wall projections that identify the design as Ward and Macdonald