- 1930, Services begin
- October 4 1936, Church formally organized
- 1940, Services held in the former Wesley Methodist Church at William and Juno (with seating for 1,200)
- September 15 1960, Sod Turning Ceremony (J. P. Neufeld)
- 1961, Building completed
- September 2005, The Portage Avenue Mennonite Brethren Church dropped the Mennonite Brethren from its name, now known as The Portage Avenue Church
- Membership in 1950 is 279, around time of construction in 1965 membership increased to 477, peaking in 1985 at 667.
- Large A-frame structure with single storey, flat roofed hall and office wing on south side (rear) of church
- Church and hall finished in light coloured brick
- Ed. Huebert, Jantz and Longhurst. Looking Back in Faith: 1888-1988. Manitoba: Mennonite Brethren Centennial Committee, 17.
- Golden Anniversary: 1936-1986. Winnipeg: Portage Avenue Mennonite Brethren Church, 1986.
- Herman Neufeld and Marlene Epp. "Portage Avenue Church". Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2010.
- Walking in Wolseley. Winnipeg: The Manitoba Historical Society, 1988.
- John A. Toews,. A History of the Mennonite Brethren Church: Pilgrims and Pioneers. Fresno, CA, 1975. 162.