A striking presence in its Elmwood-area setting, 580 Talbot Avenue – tall, upright, and topped with silver-coloured domes – was erected in 1948-52 as Our Lady of Perpetual Help Ukrainian Catholic Church. The church's design communicates a dignity worthy of its religious role. Drawing upon the history of Orthodox church design, the brick-clad building's plan is cruciform, its column-free interior adorned with multiple religious paintings. Its design, by noted Manitoba church architect Philip Ruh, closely echoes Ruh's plan for Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Church and Cemetery at 6297 Henderson Highway in the Rural Municipality of St. Clements. It was sold in the 1990s and became Saint Sava Serbian Orthodox Church.
- Wood frame construction, reinforced concrete foundation, red brick exterior
- Interior wall murals by T. Baran
- Kowcz-Baran, A. M. Ukrainian Catholic Churches of Winnipeg Archeparchy. Saskatoon: Archeparchy of Winnipeg, 1991.
- Maruanchuk, M. H. The Ukrainians: A History (Ukrainian Free Academy of Sciences, 1970) 530.
- Ukrainian Churches of Manitoba: A Building Inventory (Manitoba Culture, Heritage and Recreation, Historic Resources Branch) 338.